Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Show us yours.... post pics of your bike !  (Read 218719 times)

Offline hotmetal

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: Street Triple R 2009
  • City / Town: Thames Valley
Re: Show us yours.... post pics of your bike !
« Reply #2210 on: December 29, 2018, 12:44:14 PM »
Yeah pretty much what I'd have expected given the different engines. I was always a Yam guy until I got my STR, but of the MTs I've only got experience of the MT01 which is an odd beast in a class of 1. I call it the Yamaharley due to the 1700 V twin, but it doesn't fit the cruiser mould. The rigid mounted engine and comedy proportions basically make it a cross between a Lego motorbike and a sex toy on wheels. I think the 07 and 09 are a lot more practical.

_______
The only V8 I'm likely to own comes in one litre tetrapaks and tastes like celery.

_________
Play nicely!
Bikes I've had:
Vespa 150 Super, GPz500s, FZR600R, ZX6R, FZS1000 (x2), 2009 Matt Graphite STR
and some pedally ones as well!

Offline Green_Ninja

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: Street RS/Street R
  • City / Town: Sale
« Reply #2211 on: December 29, 2018, 12:49:32 PM »
*Originally Posted by hotmetal [+]
Yeah pretty much what I'd have expected given the different engines. I was always a Yam guy until I got my STR, but of the MTs I've only got experience of the MT01 which is an odd beast in a class of 1. I call it the Yamaharley due to the 1700 V twin, but it doesn't fit the cruiser mould. The rigid mounted engine and comedy proportions basically make it a cross between a Lego motorbike and a sex toy on wheels. I think the 07 and 09 are a lot more practical.

_______
The only V8 I'm likely to own comes in one litre tetrapaks and tastes like celery.

The MT09 is a much closer rival to the Street to be honest (I still think the Street is better - not that I'm biased LOL) but still falls a little bit short on performance and handling.
Saying that a mate of mine bought the MT09 over a Street Triple 765 - but only because he got a better finance deal on it  :008: :008:. He loves it anyway. 

Offline 3crows

• Bike: Street Triple R 675
  • City / Town: Wichita
« Reply #2212 on: December 29, 2018, 01:52:56 PM »
Nice! Interesting that you have a street and an MT07. They're often considered direct rivals and deemed to be pretty similar in terms of what kind of riding they're for. Hopefully you prefer the Street Triple! Or do you find the MT better for, say,  commuting, and the Street for fun?

_______

Thanks. The two are not really similar at all except for displacement but do compliment each other. The 2018 MT-07 is more upright, more of a commuter, UJM and while a very much fun motorcycle is simply not in the same class as the Street Triple. The 675R is more like a super sport, more aggressive, much quicker and sharper handling.

I plan to use the MT-07 for sporting about, to and from the office and setting it up also for a light, fast day and weekend tourer. I will say the MT-07 might be the better naughty hooligan as it will wheelie on demand in first and second and all the Street does is lay it's ears back and turn the world to a blur. Sure it too will wheelie but unless I thwack the throttle full on the Street wants a little clutch to lift the front wheel.
CEMOTO

Offline hotmetal

• Street Triple God
« Reply #2213 on: December 29, 2018, 02:22:36 PM »
Lay its ears back - love it! Like a, er, tiger with a small T.

_______

_________
Play nicely!
Bikes I've had:

Offline fubar69

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: street triple
  • City / Town: Bordon
« Reply #2214 on: December 29, 2018, 04:06:13 PM »
*Originally Posted by crusty20 [+]
A better picture of Bike taken at Holme Moss showing 2012 black footrest hangers with Touratech heel guards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats looks much better. Especially on a black bike. No big dollop of silver, good work
Fun stuff = Zxr400, Daytona 675, Striple 675, Speed 1050, Striple 675 (bought it back and keeper),
Work mules = Versys 650, Kawasaki er6f, Suzuki gsx1250fa, Kawasaki z1000sx

Offline Astro

• Bike: 765 R
« Reply #2215 on: December 29, 2018, 06:02:21 PM »
Good weather here in Banbury, dry roads with the sun breaking through here and there, so took the bike out for a spin.
Photo taken at Avon Dassett Hills.

Offline 3crows

• Bike: Street Triple R 675
  • City / Town: Wichita
« Reply #2216 on: December 30, 2018, 02:41:48 AM »
Lay its ears back - love it! Like a, er, tiger with a small T.

_______

LOL, yeah, but more like a Cheetah.

J
CEMOTO

Offline Tomspurs

• Street Triple God
  • 09 ST, CRF230F, DT175MX, DT175C, PE175Z, IT175J
  • Bike: 09 Hinkley ST
  • City / Town: Wallington
« Reply #2217 on: December 30, 2018, 09:31:13 AM »
MT-07's wheelie good when the top box is stacked with Pizza. If you want to wheelie your Street, maybe just change the sprocket/s... :028:
Parc Ferme - Car Park Ross

Offline hotmetal

• Street Triple God
« Reply #2218 on: December 30, 2018, 12:21:58 PM »
Ah Tom you always like a pizza the action!

_______

_________
Play nicely!
Bikes I've had:

Offline crusty20

• Street Triple God
  • If you're going through hell - keep going
  • Bike: Street triple
  • City / Town: Barnsley,South Yorks
« Reply #2219 on: January 06, 2019, 10:18:17 PM »
*Originally Posted by fubar69 [+]
Thats looks much better. Especially on a black bike. No big dollop of silver, good work
Thanks fubar, sorry for late reply, only just spotted it, lol. No more modding now, I've finished, ha ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recent Posts/Topics