Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: HELP - Daytona for a track bike ... am I mad?  (Read 1626 times)

Offline Under200

• Street Triple Pro
Re: HELP - Daytona for a track bike ... am I mad?
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2009, 02:13:53 PM »
Both are good choices, however a Japanese 600 will be much easier and cheaper on parts.  Neither bikes are known to break but if you put the bike down or crash odds are that there will be plenty of people in the pits that have gsxr's, R6's and ninjas that will gladly loan you a part or two if needed.  The Daytona is a little more rare.  That being said the Daytona motor is a gem and would be so fun on the track.  If you have not tried out a Daytona on a test ride you may want to try it out first.  I took a 09 model for a ride a few months ago and it was far too aggressive of a riding position for me, even for he track.  It made my previous 06 Gsxr 750 feel like a touring bike.   Not sure if the pre 09 models had more relaxed ergos.

Under200

Offline kevpun

• Street Triple Master
  • Topic Author
Re: HELP - Daytona for a track bike ... am I mad?
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2009, 03:46:23 PM »
*Originally Posted by nikko [+]
As long as its for the track.

I loathe sports 600s with a vengence, especially on the road. Utterly gutless and uncomfortable, less torque than a bicycle below 7k, have to drop two cogs to go past a cattle truck.  Daytona is the only one I'd think about or possibly a sorted gix 750, neither of em are 600s  :008:

I'd sooner buy a stroker 250 for the power band as a track bike, more fun.

A friend of mine has a gsxr750 track bike - forgot about that ...

Recent Posts/Topics