Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Luggage for the ST thread (Tanks & tail bags, panniers, luggage racks, etc.)  (Read 79565 times)

Offline Almosthuman

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: 2010 STR
  • City / Town: Wakefield
Re: Luggage for the ST thread (Tanks & tail bags, panniers, luggage racks, etc.)
« Reply #220 on: February 12, 2019, 12:00:50 AM »
*Originally Posted by PazzoTazzo75 [+]
Hi all,

A quick 'heads up', I've just purchased the street tank bag for 45.00 at Triumph Direct.

https://triumphdirect.co.uk/street-triple--daytona---moulded-sports-tank-bag-2168-p.asp

Steve

Hi Steve - do you know whether this would fit a 2910 STR?  Ive just got the similar tailpack but not tried to fit it and I think theyd look good together.
The Dude Abides

Offline paige

• Bike: 2016 Striple R
  • City / Town: St Catharines
Re: Luggage for the ST thread (Tanks & tail bags, panniers, luggage racks, etc.)
« Reply #221 on: February 12, 2019, 02:53:05 AM »
Hi Mitch ... I cannot thank you enough for the assist!!! and how clearly thought out your approach to a solution :-) is.  This is my first few hours on this site ... I chanced on it thru a google search and today is my lucky day

Offline Mitch

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: 2015 Street Triple R
  • City / Town: Lanc's
« Reply #222 on: February 12, 2019, 07:55:41 PM »
Hello Paige,
                 Well, welcome to the Forum, (maybe a bit cheeky of me, because I am very new to this myself)!

Anyway, What Bike do you have?, Have the racks arrived yet? Have you fitted them yet?

Cheers, Mitch...

Offline paige

« Reply #223 on: February 12, 2019, 08:10:51 PM »
Hi Mitch ... my ride is a 2016 Street Triple R and this is the riding season that I add on some much needed accessories :-) As to the bags/racks I'm off to a motorcycle show in Toronto to check them out in person :-) The only reason I hadn't purchased them yet was I couldn't get an answer to my question ... thank you :-)

Tracking down the 'perfect' luggage has been a journey ... here's a few I've had on other bikes: SW Motech Blaze (great bag, love the set up ... just a bit too small); Kappa (right size and they discoloured from black to purple in 3 months :-( ... great warranty, received full credit) and Endurastan dry bags.  the 30litre bag holds my tent/sleeping cot/sleeping bag and stove and I have a 12 litre bag that attaches.  I didn't go with their saddle bags ... please don't judge lol ... it came down to cosmetics.  The Givi bags will likely live on the bike as it will be my daily driver during the ride season

Given your wonderful pics ... they've convinced me that I'm going to have to woman up! and remove the passenger grab rails.  Thanks to your efforts you've saved this gal from much time in arriving at the right decision

Offline Mitch

• Street Triple Member
« Reply #224 on: February 12, 2019, 09:50:44 PM »
Hiya Paige,
                Ok on all your info. Many thanks. Very interesting, to get a response to my post from you so far away! Have Fun at the show in Toronto. Our Daughter visited some years ago, (and walked around the outside of the Tower at the Top)!

Now I think I understand a bit more about why you would have preferred to have been able to leave the Grab Handles on, and Still fit the Pannier Racks. So I probably gave you the answer you didn't want!, sorry! Anyway, in case it helps, here's some info for you about getting them off, to try to make amends:-

The Fixings are just loose Nuts and Bolts. They do not screw directly into threads in the rear Subframe. The Nut's are a special type called, Prevailing Torque. It just means that they have been designed so that they should resist the kind of vibration which tends to loosen ordinary fixings used on motorbikes, and not come loose. Because of that, they will be a little bit stiffer to undo, but not terribly so. I have shown you how I do it in some pics.

If you are not keen, and decide to get some help to get it done, there's no issue there!, but the pics might help them too anyway.

Have Fun at Toronto, Cheers for Now, Mitch...

Offline RedBikeAgain3

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: 2015 ST ABS noneR
  • City / Town: Lincoln
Luggage for the ST thread (Tanks & tail bags, panniers, luggage racks, etc.)
« Reply #225 on: February 12, 2019, 10:32:41 PM »
Hi Paige, just to make things interesting Id throw in Hepco & Becker. Came across their c-bow mounts, might give more clearance. Sorry, another option and another maybe.

On taking off the grab rails, its probably just me but the couple of times Ive taken the nuts off those through the frame bolts Ive managed to drop one of the nuts into the subframe. It will come out with a lot of fiddling with a slightly magnetic screwdriver or similar

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 10:45:35 PM by RedBikeAgain3 »
Yam DT80, Honda CB250RS, Yam XJ650, Suzuki X7, Kawa GPz500, Honda CB-1 (400), Yam FZS600 and now ... ST

Offline Mitch

• Street Triple Member
« Reply #226 on: February 12, 2019, 10:48:29 PM »
Paige, I can only apologise, he did exactly this to me as well !

Offline RedBikeAgain3

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: 2015 ST ABS noneR
  • City / Town: Lincoln
« Reply #227 on: February 12, 2019, 11:02:28 PM »
Opps. Sorry. But a person should know their options - only spotted them the other day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yam DT80, Honda CB250RS, Yam XJ650, Suzuki X7, Kawa GPz500, Honda CB-1 (400), Yam FZS600 and now ... ST

Offline paige

« Reply #228 on: February 13, 2019, 12:02:42 AM »
lol ... hmmm Hepco-Becker?  tried to track down a supplier over here and could not find one sadly.  The reason i was trying to not remove the grab rails is I did drop one of washers into the bike and took some time to track it down.  Lastly ... when I take them off I'm going to need to swap out the rear housing.  The grab rail version has holes for the screws and the stock does not :-(   As soon as the weather warms up I'll be tackling this job lol 

Looking forward to your future posts Mitch!  Thank you very much from a grateful rider :-)

Offline Mitch

• Street Triple Member
« Reply #229 on: February 13, 2019, 07:44:35 AM »
Hello Paige, the Hepco and Becker actually look interesting, pity there's no outlets over there. I was quite interested in the unit they have to put a Top Box over the Pillion seat, unfortunately I think it only fits bikes with split seats like the RX and Daytona. Anyway, understand what you mean about having to remove the side panels, and swap out the panel underneath with holes in for the grab handles. Agreed, it's a faff, so i plan to avoid doing it by using 4x grommets in the holes when I have removed the grab handles. Cheers, Mitch...

Recent Posts/Topics

scandal-fat