Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Luggage for the ST thread (Tanks & tail bags, panniers, luggage racks, etc.)  (Read 82373 times)

Offline EllyV6

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: Street Triple 2011
  • City / Town: Lancs
Re: Luggage for the ST thread (Tanks & tail bags, panniers, luggage racks, etc.)
« Reply #250 on: November 03, 2019, 09:05:07 AM »
*Originally Posted by dunf [+]
i had a similar problem but i just butchered an old ventura rack and welded a couple of spanners on to make arms for the panniers.

Works great. I normally run with Triumph grab handles then fit this rack when we are going on a trip.

Wow ! That's what i call a proper rack, fit to do the job intended !!

How long does it take to take off again / reinstall?

Offline dunf

• Street Triple Pro
  • dunf
  • Bike: 765R
  • City / Town: Fife
Re: Luggage for the ST thread (Tanks & tail bags, panniers, luggage racks, etc.)
« Reply #251 on: November 03, 2019, 09:18:13 AM »
*Originally Posted by EllyV6 [+]
Wow ! That's what i call a proper rack, fit to do the job intended !!

How long does it take to take off again / reinstall?

less than ten minutes. its all held on with the same four bolts that the grab handles are.

Offline stikflote

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: street triple765 R l
  • City / Town: derbyshire
« Reply #252 on: November 03, 2019, 11:06:54 AM »
  It looks ready great with those spanners, a real one off

Offline EllyV6

• Street Triple Member
« Reply #253 on: November 04, 2019, 05:16:43 PM »
Installed the Givi arms and put my existing mount plate on them, pretty solid construction and fits to the frame further back towards the centre of the bike rather than just at the back end where the Renntec rack fitted... just got to get some suitable grommets to cover the last two mount bolts.

Offline Beelady

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: Steet Triple
  • City / Town: New Romney
« Reply #254 on: November 05, 2019, 08:17:19 AM »
That should do the job! Looks neat and tidy. If I didn't have top box phobia I'd be tempted myself  :002:

Offline EllyV6

• Street Triple Member
« Reply #255 on: November 05, 2019, 08:56:21 AM »
*Originally Posted by Beelady [+]
If I didn't have top box phobia I'd be tempted myself  :002:

:008:
I am not keen on any luggage if i am not using it so that's why I have Givi which I can clip the box on and off when required. Of course there are other systems available !!!!
I primarily use the box to dump my helmet and gear in if I go somewhere when it will be a nusiance to carry them around.

Offline dunf

• Street Triple Pro
  • dunf
« Reply #256 on: November 05, 2019, 08:58:09 PM »
 :465:
*Originally Posted by stikflote [+]
  It looks ready great with those spanners, a real one off

Cheers. Not quite a one-off though. Ive made a few! Lol. This ones on my wifes Rebel 500

Offline EllyV6

• Street Triple Member
« Reply #257 on: November 05, 2019, 09:30:53 PM »
Those racks are superb !
I salute your engineering skill , fantastic  !   :031:

Offline Beelady

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: Steet Triple
  • City / Town: New Romney
« Reply #258 on: November 06, 2019, 08:33:05 AM »
Love the spanner rack. My husband made me a very similar one for my Harley and was inundated with requests to make and sell them. Your picture bought back lots of happy memories. Yours looks beautifully finished and I bet your wife's thrilled with it  :002:

Offline dunf

• Street Triple Pro
  • dunf
« Reply #259 on: November 07, 2019, 02:58:51 PM »
*Originally Posted by Beelady [+]
Love the spanner rack. My husband made me a very similar one for my Harley and was inundated with requests to make and sell them. Your picture bought back lots of happy memories. Yours looks beautifully finished and I bet your wife's thrilled with it  :002:

Thank you for the kind words. Yes I also get asked quite often for custom bits and pieces and I do what I can but not getting much garage time now these days.

Recent Posts/Topics

scandal-fat