Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: CBR600RR shock  (Read 36258 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline bender

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Topic Author
  • Posts: 2
CBR600RR shock
« on: February 15, 2011, 02:01:53 AM »
Hi Guys,

I have seen somewhere that a late model CBR600RR shock is the same as the ST3.  Actually it was where the guy at IPM was fitting an aftermarket Ohlins from the CBR to the ST3.

Can anyone confirm that this is the case.  It would be a lot easier to get my hands on a CBR shock than a Daytona shock and cheaper too.

Thanks.

Bender

Offline xJay1337

  • Ex Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1476
  • the "troublemaker" D:
Re: CBR600RR shock
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 07:03:15 AM »
But it's a Honda, so wouldn't really be any good until you thrash it (I guess this means taking it down a bumpy road to test the suspension?), after which point it would be very very good but then you realise it makes a stupid noise (probably the sound of the spring snapping, and no before you all jump on me I'm not saying Honda can't build suspension) and it's manufactured by the same people who make the Honda Jazz, a car built almost entirely for Grandmothers.

And almost all Honda drivers make me want to shoot them in the face.

 :451:

ANYHOO. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TRIUMPH-675-STREET-TRIPLE-STANDERD-REAR-SHOCK-2010-/330530819616?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item4cf52c0e20

50 plus 12 postage. If it's really from a 2010 then that's a pretty good price.


Offline peatrich

  • Street Triple Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 712
  • Bike: STR 2010 Black/gold
  • City / Town: Sheffield
  • Country: England
Re: CBR600RR shock
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 10:02:43 AM »
*Originally Posted by xJay1337 [+]
And almost all Honda drivers make me want to shoot them in the face.

HA! HA! You got issues there Mr  :005:

Offline Bel

  • Street Triple God
  • *****
  • Posts: 9896
  • Bike: Carbonised STR
  • Country: Scotland
Re: CBR600RR shock
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 10:06:24 AM »
*Originally Posted by xJay1337 [+]

And almost all Honda drivers make me want to shoot them in the face.

You might want to rethink your comment, a bit harse. Also I drive a Civic and the owner of the forum has a CBR. Hmmm, open mouth insert foot.  :008:
Owner of CarbonFBR, for a peek at some carbon goodness please visit www.CarbonFBR.com, FB at https://www.facebook.com/motorcyclecarbonfiber or Twitter at https://twitter.com/CarbonFBRdotcom

Offline denthnpalevw

  • Street Triple Member
  • **
  • Posts: 42
Re: CBR600RR shock
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 10:28:12 AM »
Yes i can confirm that from some cbr 600 rr models the shock can fit exactly the st3 and the Daytona.
I know a person that uses cbr600rr aftermarket shock to his Daytona.

Offline dodge

  • Street Triple God
  • *****
  • Posts: 3350
  • City / Town: Hampshire
  • Country: UK
Re: CBR600RR shock
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2011, 02:38:58 PM »
*Originally Posted by xJay1337 [+]
But it's a Honda, so wouldn't really be any good until you thrash it (I guess this means taking it down a bumpy road to test the suspension?), after which point it would be very very good but then you realise it makes a stupid noise (probably the sound of the spring snapping, and no before you all jump on me I'm not saying Honda can't build suspension) and it's manufactured by the same people who make the Honda Jazz, a car built almost entirely for Grandmothers.

And almost all Honda drivers make me want to shoot them in the face.

 :451:

ANYHOO. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TRIUMPH-675-STREET-TRIPLE-STANDERD-REAR-SHOCK-2010-/330530819616?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item4cf52c0e20

50 plus 12 postage. If it's really from a 2010 then that's a pretty good price.



U want me to come over and kick your A**e ???

I love my Honda and had Honda for years.... Be warned u.. I know where u live  :005: :005:

Offline Eciton

  • Street Triple Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 103
Re: CBR600RR shock
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2011, 02:49:10 PM »
*Originally Posted by denthnpalevw [+]
Yes i can confirm that from some cbr 600 rr models the shock can fit exactly the st3 and the Daytona.
I know a person that uses cbr600rr aftermarket shock to his Daytona.

Thanks for the confirmation -- can you be more specific? There are plenty of CBR shocks on fleabay for not much money.

More importantly, is it safe to assume that the CBR600RR shocks will be better than the stock non-R Street Triple shock?

How do the spring rates etc compare?

Thanks!

Offline denthnpalevw

  • Street Triple Member
  • **
  • Posts: 42
Re: CBR600RR shock
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2011, 03:15:29 PM »
07-10 models is a straight fit

Offline Bomber

  • Street Triple Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 507
  • Bumblebike Baby! The one & only!
  • Bike: Street Triple
Re: CBR600RR shock
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2011, 04:06:19 PM »
More importantly, is it safe to assume that the CBR600RR shocks will be better than the stock non-R Street Triple shock?

If it isn't then Honda should pack up and go home  :008:
Daytona front end, Rizoma black fat bars, risers, bar end mirrors & Zero 11 indicators, Pazzo shorties, Arrow slip ons, Nitron shock, D3 Tail Tidy, hugger, belly pan, black engine bolts and a long list of other bits to add

Offline Eciton

  • Street Triple Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 103
Re: CBR600RR shock
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2011, 04:15:21 PM »
*Originally Posted by denthnpalevw [+]
07-10 models is a straight fit

Well, I've just bought a 0-miles 2007 shock for 55 quid... I suppose if it doesn't fit or if it's crap I can always sell it for what I paid for it... :028:

So, who wants to tell me that i've just made a mistake?  :001:

 


Recent Posts/Topics