Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: CBR600RR shock  (Read 38118 times)

Offline Bel

• Street Triple God
  • Bike: Carbonised STR
Re: CBR600RR shock
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2011, 04:41:01 PM »
If/when you get them, I think you need to post up a thread with your experience doing the mod from day one to the end with a ride report with the results.  :031:
Owner of CarbonFBR, for a peek at some carbon goodness please visit www.CarbonFBR.com, FB at https://www.facebook.com/motorcyclecarbonfiber or Twitter at https://twitter.com/CarbonFBRdotcom

Offline Jet

• Street Triple Pro
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2011, 05:33:16 PM »
im very interested in how this thread develops. it may result in my next mod .
Jet :018:

Offline 0xff

• Street Triple Member
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2011, 12:34:21 AM »
nope, the cbr600rr/07 is not a straight fit. you'll need to fiddle a little to make it fit.
it has the same length as the stock striple but the top and bottom bushings are of different width.

the top is smaller by 9mm and bottom larger by 8mm.

i used some stainless 2mm thick washers to space the top and the linkage plates.
also you will need now bottom bolts (~65mm).

i haven't test it yet but i hope i'll be able to do it on friday when it will get a little hotter (~8C) here in romania.

Offline Eciton

• Street Triple Pro
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2011, 09:15:58 AM »
*Originally Posted by 0xff [+]
nope, the cbr600rr/07 is not a straight fit. you'll need to fiddle a little to make it fit.
it has the same length as the stock striple but the top and bottom bushings are of different width.

the top is smaller by 9mm and bottom larger by 8mm.

i used some stainless 2mm thick washers to space the top and the linkage plates.
also you will need now bottom bolts (~65mm).

i haven't test it yet but i hope i'll be able to do it on friday when it will get a little hotter (~8C) here in romania.

Couldn't you have chimed in with that info before I ordered?!  :008: :008: :008:

Nah, just kidding -- that's useful to know. Was it easy enough to fit? Does it feel secure even with all those washers?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 09:38:22 AM by Eciton »

Offline Eciton

• Street Triple Pro
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2011, 09:41:18 AM »
Look what the postman just brought for me...

SAM_0832 by eciton_sh, on Flickr
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 11:22:17 AM by Eciton »

Offline Eciton

• Street Triple Pro
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2011, 09:47:15 AM »
Weighs about 2.6kg, about 292mm centre to centre.

Offline 0xff

• Street Triple Member
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2011, 10:21:27 AM »
i just got it yesterday and installed it last night.

it is not hard if you have the prior knowledge and someone to help.

i put the bike on side stand and jack it up from the other side to lift the rear wheel.

don't forget to get wide washers and longer bolts (65-70mm x 10mm x 1.25mm).
measure the top and bottom bushings and calculate how many you need.

if you will be able to ride it (i can't as it is still freezing here) let us know how it works.

Offline Eciton

• Street Triple Pro
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2011, 11:03:55 AM »
*Originally Posted by 0xff [+]
i just got it yesterday and installed it last night.

it is not hard if you have the prior knowledge and someone to help.

i put the bike on side stand and jack it up from the other side to lift the rear wheel.

don't forget to get wide washers and longer bolts (65-70mm x 10mm x 1.25mm).
measure the top and bottom bushings and calculate how many you need.

if you will be able to ride it (i can't as it is still freezing here) let us know how it works.

Thanks 0xff!

I've just measured (as best I can -- my calipers are all in the garage) the top and bottom mounts.

HONDA:
top mount: 26mm wide.
bottom mount: 39mm wide.
EDIT: it's 30 and 30.

By 0xff's data, that means the stock shock is about 35mm at the top mount and 31mm at the bottom mount.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 07:12:26 AM by Eciton »

Offline 0xff

• Street Triple Member
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2011, 11:52:25 AM »
my mistake. i didn't measure well. i finished working on it at 2am and i got confused when i done the post.

if i remember well, both top and bottom measure 30mm (or 31mm; sorry i forgot it already) on the stock.

on the top i fitted 2 washers of 2mm thickness on each side.

on the bottom i could fit only 3 washers (2 on the right hand side, 1 on the left hand side but) but there was still some space left. i didn't had longer bolts to fit another one but i'll do it today if will find some stainless steel ones after work.

be sure and take some notes about the markings  on the side plates which are visible from the right hand side of the bike. i got mine wrong on the first install.

hope it will not snow again today to take my bike out tomorrow :)

Offline Eciton

• Street Triple Pro
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2011, 01:40:09 PM »
I just nipped out to the garage and stuck some calipers across my stock shock while installed on the bike -- it came out as 26mm across the top and 29mm across the bottom. Guess I've measured wrong, but thought I'd mention it... I'm measuring across the top of the shock collar, not the inside of the frame's mounting point.

Recent Posts/Topics

scandal-fat