Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Track Days?  (Read 560 times)

Offline timnpip

• Street Triple Pro
  • Topic Author
Track Days?
« on: June 12, 2008, 05:34:01 PM »
Anyone done a track day on their Street Triple yet and if so how did you get on?

I'm thinking of doing a couple over the summer, probably one or two at Croft and maybe one other. Is anyone planning any? Maybe we could do a Street Triple day and turn up en-masse and beat up a few sports bikes? :007:

Offline trsttr

• Street Triple Pro
Re: Track Days?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 05:39:03 PM »
hi all track day at knockhill ,scotland tomorrow ,3sessions ,morning ,afternoon and evening ,am going up on my bonnie ,street away tomorrow  :410:
2010 red street triple

Offline gabefzr6

• Street Triple Member
  • Bike: '08 Street Triple"G"
  • City / Town: Oregon
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 05:31:14 PM »
I did two days with Jason Pridmore's Star school at Thunderhill Raceway in Willows California in April.  I was in the street oriented group as opposed to the race oriented group.  That said I was the fastest rider in the street group.  Thunderhill has two very short straights and is a very technical track.  It rewards rider skill more than horsepower.   I have another day planned for July 1 in Portland Oregon, then 2 more in November at Thunderhill.  I installed my Hyperpro shock just before the track school.  The stock unit was not up to the type of riding that I enjoy.  The Hyperpro continues to impress me as I am dialing it in over time.  Adjusting methodically and taking notes has really improved the ride quality and precision.  The brakes worked well at he track.  Although not the very best I've used, they work better than any sliding two piston caliper has a right to.  Stiffer fork springs kept me from bottoming the forks at all.  All in all I am very happy with the Street Triple as a track bike (with the improvements to the suspension for my riding style).  :028:  It works far better than my Speed Triple did on the track.

Gabe
2008 White Street Triple 'G'

Offline lee6r

• Street Triple Master
  • Bike: Street Triple 2008
  • City / Town: Peteboghorror
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2008, 09:26:47 PM »
 :460:   :028:
Do all horses have one horse power? Think about it.........

Recent Posts/Topics